- Thixotropic gel- convenient to apply
- Non staining unlike ferric sulphate which stains porcelain venners and crowns.
- Effectively stops minor gingival bleeding.
- Stable and long shelf life.
- Pleasantly flavoured.
- As a 20% solution, Ferric Sulphate is a coagulative and hemostatic agent which forms ferric ion-protein complex on contact with blood
- It seals the damaged vessels mechanically, thus producing hemostasis, and the capillary orifices are occluded by the agglutinated protein complex, which prevents blood clot formation
- It causes a local and reversible inflammatory response to the oral soft tissues
- The recommended application time is 1–3 min and should be placed directly against the damaged tissue due to its quick action
- Solutions of Ferric Sulphate above 20% are highly acidic and may cause considerable tissue irritation and postoperative root sensitivity.