- Effectively stop all kinds of oozing blood (capillary, parenchymal or arteriovenous).
- Can hold around 35 ? 40 times of its own weight of blood/body fluids within its matrix.
- pH neutral and can be impregnated with wide variety of pharmaceuticals/biologics.
- Manufactured from highly purified gelatin (collagen derived protein).
- Non-toxic, non-allergic and biocompatible.
- Liquefies within 3 ? 4 days when placed in mucosal cavity.
- With a fibrous consistency thanks to Penghawar fibers for an easy filling of the socket and a good adherence to the alveolus
- Provides a soothing effect on the alveolar tissues thus helping to rapidly alleviate the pain
- Convenient and easy-to-use: Alveogyl is a one step, self-eliminating treatment requiring no suturing and no special attention other than observation of the healing process
- May also be used as post-extraction dressing in patients with history of dry sockets