Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
Dentsply Zelgan 2002 Alginate Impression Material
Dentsply Zelgan 2002 Alginate
- Zelgan 2002 is a dust-free alginate impression material complying with ISO 1563 and EN 21563, respectively.
- The powder has been specially formulated to eliminate dust during mixing.
- Dental impressions for the fabrication of
- Study models
- Models of the opposing dentition
- Working models for manufacturing of orthodontic appliances, removable
- Prosthesis, and temporary restorations
- It is easy to mix and manipulate.
- Minimum requirement of equipment.
- Low Cost.
- Comfortable to patient.
- Accuracy is there if properly handled.
- It gives a good surface detail even in the presence of saliva.
- It is Hygenic.
- Easily available.
- Have pleasant taste and odor.
- Dentsply Zelgan 2002 is a dust-free irreversible hydrocolloid alginate impression material that can be used to make perfect preliminary dental impressions with excellent reproducibility of the anatomical features of the dental arches.
- This quality impression material can be used to make dental impressions to fabricate study models, models of the opposing arch and working models for the fabrication of orthodontic appliances, removable prostheses, and temporary restorations.
- The Dentsply Zelgan 2002 dust-free alginate impression material is in compliance with the ISO 1563 and EN 21563.
- Special formulation of the powder eliminates dust during mixing.
- This aids the clinician to make dental impressions of higher quality. To enhance the adhesion of the impression of the tray, alginate tray adhesive materials may be used.
- The impressions made from Zelgan 2002 retain accuracy for a considerable amount of time, provided if placed in a humidor maintaining at least 90% relative humidity. However, it is recommended to pour casts immediately or within 48 hours of making the impression.
- Zelgan 2002 alginate impression material is composed of diatomaceous earth, potassium alginate, calcium sulphate dehydrate, polypropylene glycol, disodium orthophosphate, potassium hexafluorotitanate, sodium aluminosilicate, magnesium oxide, red iron oxide pigment and spearmint oil as a flavoring agent.
- Warning – Zelgan 2002 may cause allergic reactions with patients sensitized to spearmint oil or other components of the material. In such cases, the use of Zelgan 2002 is contraindicated.
Key Specifications :-
- Diatomaceous earth
- Potassium alginate
- Calcium sulphate dehydrate
- Polypropylene glycol
- Disodium orthophosphate
- Potassium hexafluorotitanate
- Sodium aluminosilicate
- Magnesium oxide
- Red iron oxide pigment
- Spearmint oil as a flavoring agent.
- Alginate impression materials being fine powders tend to settle when transferred into a container and during storage. Hence after transferring the components of the package into a plastic container, it is recommended to loosen the powder before usage by inverting the container twice.
- It is recommended to store Zelgan 2002 in a tightly closed container at temperatures between 2 and 28oC. Improper storage of the material will reduce shelf life and may lead to product malfunction.
- 1 x 450g Alginate
Direction to Use :-
- Sectional impression – 1 scoop of powder + lower mark of water measure
- Full impression – 2 scoops of powder + middle mark of water measure
- Large impression – 3 scoops of powder + upper mark of water measure
Standard ratio- Powder: Water = 48g of powder(2 scoops): 34ml of water (middle mark of water measure) can be mixed to create 39ml of impression material.
- Machine mixing – 8 to 12 seconds (or as per manufacturer’s instructions)
Note: Machine mixing will slightly shorten working and setting times.
- Hand mixing – a vigorous figure of 8 motion is employed for the recommended mixing times as specified below
|Mixing, Working and Setting Times|
|Temperature of water used (in centigrade)||Mixing time (in seconds)||Working time (in minutes)||Setting time from start of mix at 35oC (in minutes)|
Please note that the above setting times assume the impression material is placed in the oral cavity, 30 seconds from the end of a mix. In practice, variations in time of placements may occur.
premium quality product
by Elsie Clarke
THANKYOU DENTAL WORLD FOR BEST QUALITY MATERIAL👍
premium quality product
Low Cost.Comfortable to patient.
It is easy to mix and manipulate.Minimum requirement of equipment.Low Cost.Comfortable to patient.thank you dental world✌