Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
Pulpdent Forendo Paste
Pulpdent Forendo Paste
- Forendo Paste is a temporary endodontic filling material that promotes healing in the root canal.
- It is recommended for routine use as a root canal dressing between office visits to prevent flare-ups and for treatment of abscesses, periapical lesions, perforations, exudation, root resorption, traumatic injuries, and for apexification and apexogenesis.
- Forendo Paste can be used alone as a temporary canal dressing, for vital and non-vital pulpotomies, and for pulpectomies in deciduous teeth.
- Forendo Paste is a non-setting, premixed paste that contains calcium hydroxide and iodoform in a silicone oil base.
- It has a pH>12 and is radiopaque.
- Disinfects canals
- Prevents flare-ups
- Promotes periapical healing.
- Treats infected root canals, abscesses and periapical lesions
- Treats traumatic injuries, root resorption, fractures and perforations
- Treats pus, hemorrhage, exudation and weeping canals
- Stimulates apexification and apexogenesis.
Key Specifications :-
- Store tightly sealed in original container at cool room temperature.
- Avoid direct light, extremes of temperature, contamination and sources of ignition.
- Shelf life of unopened product: 2 years from date of manufacture.
- Re-cap syringe immediately after use.
- 1 x 2.2g Syringe
- 20 Dispensing Tips
Direction to Use :-
Temporary Canal Treatment
- Using good endodontic procedures, cleanse and prepare the root canal in the conventional manner. Dry the canal.
- Place a new disposable applicator tip securely on the luer lock syringe.
- Fill the canal by applying gentle pressure on the syringe plunger. Do not force the plunger. The paste can also be placed into the canal with a lentulo spiral.
- Remove excess at the orifice with a cotton pellet.
- Seal access opening with your preferred cement.
- Discard applicator tip and cap syringe immediately after use.
- Forendo Paste is easily removed with file and irrigation with sodium hypochlorite.
Treatment of Primary Teeth :-
- Follow instructions above for Temporary Canal Treatment.
- It is not necessary to remove Forendo Paste from the root canal. The material will resorb with the roots in deciduous teeth.