Ivoclar Cention N Starter Kit
Ivoclar Cention N Starter Kit
Cention N is a radiopaque, self-curing filling material with light-curing option, which releases fluoride, calcium and hydroxide ions. It is suitable for use as a full volume replacement material in restorations for Class I, II and V cavities. Cention N can be optionally cured with light in the wavelength range of 400–500 nm.
Cention N offers tooth-coloured esthetics together with high flexural strength. The new filling material belongs to the materials group of Alkasites. The patented alkaline filler increases the release of hydroxide ions to regulate the pH value during acid attacks. As a result, demineralization can be prevented. Moreover, the release of large numbers of fluoride and calcium ions forms a sound basis for the remineralization of dental enamel. The initiator system enables good chemical self-curing.
Cention N is remarkably simple to use. It does not require the use of a primer, varnish or curing device. Up to seven working steps can be saved compared with the application of conventional glass ionomer cements. Only dosing, mixing, filling and finishing are required
Cention N Liquid contains:
- Dimethacrylates, initiators
- Stabilizers and additives
Cention N Powder contains :-
- Calcium fluoro-silicate glass
- Barium glass
- Calcium-barium-aluminium fluoro-silicate glass
- Ytterbium trifluoride
- Initiators and pigments
Once mixed (Powder : Liquid 4.6:1 parts by weight, which corresponds to 1 measuring scoop of Powder + 1 drop of Liquid), Cention N contains 78.4 wt%, or 57.6 vol% of inorganic fillers. The particle size of the inorganic fillers ranges between 0.1 and 7 µm.
- Suitable for use without an adhesive in Class I and Class II cavities with retentive preparation
- Class I and II restorations in permanent teeth in conjunction with an adhesive
- Class V restorations (tooth necks) in permanent teeth in conjunction with an adhesive
- Restoration of deciduous teeth (with and without adhesive, see above)
The application of Cention N is contraindicated
- If a dry working field cannot be established or the prescribed application technique cannot be applied
- If the patient is known to be allergic to any of the ingredients of Cention N
- When used as a luting composite
- Stronger than glass ionomer cement
- More esthetic than amalgam and glass ionomer cement
- Time-saving replacement of tooth structure in only four working steps
- Mixing time (at 23 °C): 45–60 s
- Working time: 3 mins
- Setting time (self-curing): 5 min (from the start of mixing)
Shade: Cention N is available in Shade A2.
- 1 x Powder-15g
- 1 x Liquid-4ml
by Sylvester Apollo Bear
Fantastic filling material kit. very efficient and time saving product , its work.
Time-saving replacement of tooth structure in only four working steps
Right price and it arrived as promised. Good customer service. Top quality products given by dental world.
Excellent and speedy service. Thanks