E – SDF Silver Diamine Fluoride Caries Protecting Solution Caries Remover Dental
E – SDF Silver Diamine Fluoride Caries Protecting Solution Caries Remover Dental ( ESDF )
A revolution in preventive and non-invasive dentistry
An FDA-approved antibiotic liquid clinically applied to control and arrest active dental caries, e-SDF is a safe, painless alternative to traditional cavity drilling procedures.
It is a safe, painless alternative to traditional cavity drilling procedure
- Ideally e- SDF helps in Preventing and arresting dental caries & immediate relief from dentinal hypersensitivity
- Silver diamine fluoride contains approximately 24-28 % (weight/volume) silver and 5-6 % (weight/volume)
Research on use of Silver Diamine Fluoride says exposure to one drop of SDF orally would result in less fluoride ion content than ispresent in a 0.25 mL topical treatment of fluoride varnish. The exact amount of silver and fluoride present in one drop of SDF is determined by the specific gravity of the liquid and the dropper used.
The main disadvantage of SDF is its esthetic result (i.e., permanently blackens enamel and dentinal caries lesions and creates a temporary henna-appearing tattoo if allowed to come in contact with skin). Skin pigmentation is temporary since the silver does not penetrate the dermis
Practical Applications in the following cases:
- High caries-risk patients with anterior or posterior active cavitated lesions
- havioral or medical management challenges
- Patients with multiple cavitated caries lesions that may not all be treated in one visit
- Difficult to treat cavitated dental caries lesions
- Patients without access to or with difficulty accessing dental care
- Active cavitated caries lesions with no clinical signs of pulp involvement.
- Non-symptomatic carious lesion (Arresting and preventing caries)
- Carious lesions that cannot be treated in 1 visit
- Root caries
- Tooth sensitivity
- Difficult to treat lesions
- Patients with special health care needs, severe dental phobia, high risk conditions and immune-compromised patients
- Patients without access to traditional dental care.
- Patients not indicated for general anesthesia or oral sedation
How much can you use ? :-
1drop/10kg per visit.
Re-apply at interval of 3 to 6 months depending on oral hygiene of patient.
- Painless: No anesthesia required
- Non-invasive: No drilling required
- Time Saving: Easy to use
- 1 drop = upto 5 surfaces
- 3.25ml bottle can cater 100 to 160 patients
How deep does it Penetrate :-
- 25-30 microns into enamel
- 200-300 microns into dentine
- Upto 2mm into deep lesion
- 1 x 3.25ml Bottle