SDI Conseal F Pit & Fissure Sealant
SDI Conseal F Pit & Fissure Sealant
Conseal f is fluoride releasing and combines clinically proven SDI sealant technology with an intensive initial fluoride boost in conjunction with long term fluoride treatment. The unique Conseal f filler component, with its blend of particles and high surface-to-area volume ratios maximizes the sealant’s fluoride release.
1. Sealing of teeth with sound but vulnerable pit and fissure sites
2. Sealing of teeth with minimal pit and fissure caries
1. Do not apply over carious areas
2. Do not apply to unetched areas
3. Product may cause skin irritations to some people. In such cases, discontinue use and seek medical attention.
Conseal f combines the proven SDI sealant technology with an intensive initial fluoride boost in conjunction with long term fluoride treatment. The unique Conseal f filler component, with its blend of particles and high surface-to-area volume ratios, enables high fluoride release. Fluoride enhances caries prevention, remineralization, and the inhibition of enamel demineralization.
Conseal f is the lowest viscosity sealant. The ideal low viscosity allows Conseal f to fl ow faster and deeper into the prepared pits and fi ssures. A recognized cause of pit and fi ssure sealant failure is an inability to seal. The tighter seal optimizes Conseal f’s mechanical retention and eliminates the space required for bacteria to grow. Conseal f’s tight seal is further enhanced by its unique UDMA resin system’s lower shrinkage and by being BIS-GMA free, avoiding the controversy of Bisphenol A.
Low viscosity Super Etch LV
SDI has created a specialized blue gel 37% phosphoric acid etchant for sealants, in a direct delivery system. Super Etch LV’s lower viscosity improves the acid’s surface contact for deeper etchant penetration into the pits and fi ssures. The deeper acid penetration strengthens the mechanical bond and the retention success of Conseal f sealants.
Conseal f is available in direct placement syringes and single dose complets. Both have pre-bent, superfi ne dispensing tips which facilitate controlled, direct extrusion for faster procedures and allow direct dispensing into previously diffi cult to reach areas. The Conseal f nozzle, one third the size of other brands, enhances complete sealing and retention by allowing penetration into the deepest pits and fi ssures; crevasses that will not admit the dispensing tips of other materials
Range of colors
Conseal f is available in opaque white. Conseal is available in clear and light grey
The Conseal f complets offer a direct and hygienic way of dispensing the sealant, eliminating the risk of cross contamination
Conseal f’s low water solubility minimizes breakdown of the sealant in the oral environment.
Conseal f is 7% fi lled with a submicron fi ller size of 0.04 microns to withstand surface wear.
Conseal pit and fi ssure sealants are clinically proven. 5,363 Conseal sealants placed in 774 children found no failures due to the material and established that ”sealants contribute signifi cantly to dental public health
Key Specifications :-
Multifunctional methacrylic ester
STORAGE AND HANDLING:
- Store at temperatures between 10° and 25°C (50°-77°F)
- Use at room temperature between 20° and 25°C (68°- 77°F)
- Exposure to temperatures outside the recommended range in this instruction sheet may shorten shelf life
- Exposure to ambient and operating lights may cause premature curing of the sealants.
- For professional use only
- Keep out of reach of children
- Shake sealant bottles before use
- When not in use replace the cap tightly of syringes and bottles
- Avoid prolonged contact of etchant and sealant with the skin or oral tissue, as it may cause inflammation of the oral tissues or skin sensitization
- Do not take internally
- Do not use after expiry date
- Do not expose material to direct light
- 1 x 1g syringe
- 2 x tips of 27 gauge
Direction to Use :-
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE:
1. Clean the occlusal surface of teeth with sound but vulnerable pit and fissure sites by using a nonfluoridated, oil-free prophylaxis paste. Remove minimal pit and fissure caries with small round burs in a slow speed handpiece. Do not extend into the sound portion of the fissure system. Rinse thoroughly with water. Isolate tooth
2. Dry the surface to be etched with clean, dry, oil-free air
3. Etch occlusal surface with 37% phosphoric acid such as Super Etch or Super Etch Low Viscosity (LV), (SDI Limited) for at least 30 seconds but no more than 60 seconds.
IMPORTANT: If using an etch syringe, ensure that the dispensing tip hub is firmly attached to the syringe by twisting the hub securely onto the syringe. On first usage or after prolonged storage, extrude a small amount onto a mixing pad for familiarity with the material viscosity and rate of extrusion
4. Wash thoroughly with water
5. Completely dry tooth with clean, dry oil-free air for 15 seconds.
IMPORTANT: A dry etched enamel surface should have a matt white appearance. If this is not so or the area has become contaminated with saliva or blood, repeat steps 2-5.
6. Apply sealant.
IMPORTANT: If using the syringe system, ensure that the dispensing tip hub is firmly attached to the syringe by twisting the hub securely onto the syringe. On first usage or after prolonged storage, extrude a small amount onto a mixing pad for familiarity with the material viscosity and rate of extrusion. Place the tip against the surface to be coated and slowly extrude the sealant.
Note: After each use, slightly pull back the syringe plunger to prevent dripping
7. Light cure sealant for 20 seconds using SDI’s Radii Plus LED Curing Light or any other visible light curing device (440 – 480 nm wavelength). Further increments may be added provided proper isolation and dryness are maintained. Wipe off the oxygen inhibited layer and ensure no voids.