No products in the cart.
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
ICPA Xicaine Local Anesthetic 30ml (Pack of 10)
- Xicaine is a local anesthetic medication available in a 30ml form.
- It works by reversibly blocking nerve transmission in a specific area of the body where it is applied.
- The active ingredient in Xicaine binds to sodium channels in the nerve membrane, preventing the entry of sodium ions upon membrane depolarization.
- The addition of a vasoconstrictor like Adrenaline to Xicaine can extend the duration of the anesthesia by reducing blood flow around the injection site. This can help lower the risk of adverse systemic reactions and maintain a stable concentration of the local anesthetic in the bloodstream.
- Xicaine is indicated for infiltration or nerve block injection procedures.
Icpa Xicaine Local Anesthetic 30ml
Local anesthetics reversibly block nerve transmission, when applied to a limited area of the body. They bind to the sodium channels in the nerve membrane and prevent the entry of sodium ions in response to the membrane’s deplorization. A vasoconstrictor like Adrenaline added to a local anaesthetic may significantly prolong the anaesthetic’s duration of action by reducing the blood flow around the injection site. This in turn may reduce the local anaesthetic’s peak plasma concentration and the risk of adverse systemic reactions.
- For infiltration or nerve block injection.
Xicaine is contraindicated in patients with known hypersensitivity to local anaesthetic of amide type, or the presence of vasoconstrictor. Adrenaline is contraindicated in patients with arterial hypertension, coronary disease, valvular cardiac disease.
- Adults: The recommended dosage is generally 2ml. In the case of large interventions, 4ml may be used. If a prolonged procedure is necessary, the dosage can be increased to 4-6ml if deemed necessary.
- Adolescents (between 14 and 17) and the Elderly: The usual dose is 1.8ml. It is important not to exceed 3.75ml.
- Children (between 6 and 14): The usual dose is 1 to 1.5ml. It is important not to exceed 2.5ml.
- Dilution Ratio: The medication should be diluted at a ratio of 1:80000.
Important Note: This medication should not be used in children under 3 years of age.
- Lignocaine Hydrochloride I.P. 2%
- Adrenaline I.P. 1:80,000
- 10 x 30ml Bottle