No products in the cart.
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
Goodwill Hemosponge 10x10x10 MM Absorbable Gelatin Sponge 32/pk – AGS111
- Effectively stop all kinds of oozing blood (capillary, parenchymal or arteriovenous).
- Can hold around 35 – 40 times of its own weight of blood/body fluids within its matrix.
- pH neutral and can be impregnated with wide variety of pharmaceuticals/biologics.
- Manufactured from highly purified gelatin (collagen derived protein)
- Non-toxic, non-allergic and biocompatible.
- Liquefies within 3 – 4 days when placed in mucosal cavity.
- Completely biodegradable (metabolised by proteolytic enzymes) and absorb in body within 4-6 weeks when placed in tissues.
- Manufactured in HEPA filtered clean rooms with environmentally and microbiologically monitored air.
- Sterilized by gamma irradiation after final packaging to destroy any microorganisms without negatively affecting the physical properties of product.
- Double packed for assurance of sterility.
- Supplied in the form of READY-TO-USE. No need to resterilize the product before its use.
- Complies US Pharmacopoeia standards.
Hemosponge Dental SL :-
It is widely used for arresting the bleeding following tooth extraction. It may also be used in other oral surgeries and in areas where the small size of the sponge is an advantage, e.g., epistaxis.
How Hemosponge Works :-
The spongy structure of Hemosponge provides surface to thrombocytes of oozing blood, enabling thrombocytes to release a series of substances and promoting self aggregation. At the same time it also makes thrombocytes to act as a catalyst for the formation of the fibrin, activating a cascade of blood coagulation.
- Pack Of 32