Angelus Mta Fillapex Smartmix Syringe (4 gm)
1. Presence of MTA in the formula: allows the formation of new tissue, including root cementum
2.Biocompatibility: rapid recovery of tissues without causing inflammatory reaction.
3.High Radiopacity: perfect radiographic visualization.
4.Does not stain tooth structure as it is free of eugenol and bismuth oxide.
5.Excellent Flow: the flowable consistency of MTA-Fillapex is engineered to penetrate and also to fill lateral canals.
Angelus Mta Fillapex Smartmix Syringe
- MTA-Fillapex is an bioceramic endodontic sealer based on MTA, developed by Angelus (Londrina/Parana/Brazil) and launched commercially in 2010. It is a new product that combines the proven advantages of MTA with a superior canal obturation product. Its formulation in the paste/paste system allows a complete filling of the entire root canal, including accessory and lateral canals. MTA, present in the composition of MTA-Fillapex, is more stable than calcium hydroxide, providing constant release of calcium ions for the tissues and maintaining a pH which elicits antibacterial effects. The tissue recovery and the lack of inflammatory response are optimized by the use of MTA and disalicylate resin. The product is eugenol free and will not interfere with adhesive procedures inside the root canal. Also, it does not cause discoloration of the tooth structure.
- MTA-Fillapex is indicated for filling root canals of permanent teeth. It can be inserted with the gutta-percha points or with Lentulo drills.
- It can also be used with thermal condensation techniques (heated gutta percha) because the boiling point of MTA-Fillapex is 150°C.
In patients with hypersensitivity against the resins or other components of the product.
In perforations, resorption sites and apical plugs (these cases must be filled with MTA Reparative Cement (Angelus MTA))
A. Presence of MTA in the formula: allows the formation of new tissue, including root cementum
B. Biocompatibility: rapid recovery of tissues without causing inflammatory reaction
C. High Radiopacity: perfect radiographic visualization
D. Does not stain tooth structure as it is free of eugenol and bismuth oxide
E. Excellent Flow: the flowable consistency of MTA-Fillapex is engineered to penetrate and also to fill lateral canals
F. Setting expansion: provides excellent sealing of the root canal, avoiding the penetration of tissue fluids and/or bacterial recontamination
G. Calcium ion release: induces rapid tissue regeneration in sites with bone lesion and microbial activity
H. System paste x paste: easy handling and insertion
I. Working time: allows adequate working time to be used by specialists and/or general practitioners
J. Easy removal: allows easy removal for retreatment, particularly when used with GP
Key Specifications :-
Sealing of root canals
MTA-Fillapex shows an optimized flow due to the nanoparticles. It provides excellent filling and sealing of the canals, main and lateral, as shown below.
1. The two pastes of MTA-Fillapex were measured in equal volumes and dispensed in a glass plate.
2. After complete homogenization (±30 s), a volume of 0.05 ml of the mixture was dispensed on the center of a glass plate. At 180±5 s after mixing, a second plate was placed centrally on the top of the sealer, with a 100 g weight on it (total mass on the plate of 120±2 g).
3. Ten minutes after mixing the weight was removed and the maximum and minimum diameters of the compressed disc of MTA-Fillapex were measured.
1 .Initially we measured the thickness of two glass plates together, using a Mitutoyo Digital micrometer
2. Then, a portion of the MTA-Fillapex previously handled was dispensed in the center of one of the glass plates, covering it with another glass plate
3. Finally, a weight of 150 N (15 Kg) was applied on the center of the plate
4. The sealant filled completely the space between the glass plates
5. After 10 minutes, the thickness of the two glass plates plus the sealing thickness were measured with the aid of a Mitutoyo Digital micrometer.
- 1 x double barrel syringe (4 g)
- 10 x automixing tips
- 1 x mixing pad